How to delete old content from Daz Studio library?

I have a lot of Victoria /Michael 4 conten't that I don't use. Is there any way do delete everithyng exept Genesis 2/3 content?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

How was it installed?

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

If you used DIM, you can just uninstall content you no longer need.  Manually, go to where My Library folder is located, but this process can be very complicated and time consuming.  And 3rd way is in Daz studio content library, right click to delete. 

• vitriks1vitriks1 Posts: 30
    awesomefb said:

If you used DIM, you can just uninstall content you no longer need.  Manually, go to where My Library folder is located, but this process can be very complicated and time consuming.  And 3rd way is in Daz studio content library, right click to delete. 

I need more info about second method. A lot of content was installed manually. I already used all uninstallers I found. Does the third method makes a "clean" delete or some files will remain. 

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

HI Vitriks, let me see how to explain.  Go to folder location you download content manually, open up folder, observe sub folders, Runtime, Geometries, Libraries, etc....  open one at a time, then go to My library and open same folder, to delete.  Let me see if I can give example without confusion.  

I save my manual downloads to G: Content > Red Lounge (open), Runtime (open), Geometries (open), props (open), Trustyle.  I do the same in G: My library Runtime (open), Geometries (open), props (open), Trustyle (delete).  Do same for each folder.  

As for 3rd method, not all files will be removed, only content selected in content library.  I use 2nd method to completely remove content, task can be repetitive, but sure fire way of completely removing content.   

• awesomefb said:

HI Vitriks, let me see how to explain.  Go to folder location you download content manually, open up folder, observe sub folders, Runtime, Geometries, Libraries, etc....  open one at a time, then go to My library and open same folder, to delete.  Let me see if I can give example without confusion.  

I save my manual downloads to G: Content > Red Lounge (open), Runtime (open), Geometries (open), props (open), Trustyle.  I do the same in G: My library Runtime (open), Geometries (open), props (open), Trustyle (delete).  Do same for each folder.  

As for 3rd method, not all files will be removed, only content selected in content library.  I use 2nd method to completely remove content, task can be repetitive, but sure fire way of completely removing content.   

The thing is, I don't know all my content. I don't rememember what stuff is for victoria 4 and what stuff is for Genesis 2/3

• MidyinMidyin Posts: 221

You should be able to delete it from within DAZ. Look through your content in the right side panel(Content Lidrary tab) open each folder and see what's there, then just right click the folder and click delete.. 

I need to do that too, I just been dragging my feet because it's tedious.. XD

• Midyin said:

You should be able to delete it from within DAZ. Look through your content in the right side panel(Content Lidrary tab) open each folder and see what's there, then just right click the folder and click delete.. 

So if you delete it in daz all of its associated mats and and other files will be deleted also. Correct?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Midyin said:

So if you delete it in daz all of its associated mats and and other files will be deleted also. Correct?

No

• Ok, I was thinking about writing some code to read the cr2 file to find the dependent files and deleting the content that way.

• Ok, I was thinking about writing some code to read the cr2 file to find the dependent files and deleting the content that way.

Did you manage to write a code to find the dependent files?

I would love to use it too.

• KaernenKaernen Posts: 10

Ok, I was thinking about writing some code to read the cr2 file to find the dependent files and deleting the content that way.

Did you manage to write a code to find the dependent files?

I would love to use it too.

Me too!!!  That is like the Holy Grail for me, but I have yet to find at tool/script, that'll let you do that.

"...read the cr2 file to find the dependent files and deleting the content that way." .

REALLY need that.

• All .duf files are text files. Open them with a text editor and you will find all other files that are included. Follow the urls and delete all the files. Or someone may write a script to fetch all urls in a duf file and delete all the files automatically. 

Ex: "Carmen.duf" 

"map" : [

{

"url" : "/Runtime/Textures/!Sabby/Carmen/SabbyCarmenLimbsB.jpg",

"label" : "SabbyCarmenLimbsB.jpg"

}

• I just got a better ideea:

1. rename Texture folder to #Texture

2. create a new Texture folder

2. open daz and try to load content that you need

3. daz will tell you the path for every single file that is missing

4. than go in #Texture folder and move the folder that you need to the new Texture folder

5. then delete #Texture folder (make sure you verify all your needed content)

6. Do the same with data folder :)

This is just my new way of getting rid of old content. I'm not responsible for any content lost.