So my cat jumped on my keyboard when I wasn't around and...

...what you see in the attached picture is all I can see now. Idk what was pressed on the keyboard, and I don't know how to go back to normal. I closed the scene without saving, restarted my computer, but nothing worked. Do I have to reinstall DAZ again? I still use Studio 4.9. Any help would be appreciated.... and yes, the cat is still alive, FYI

Senza nome.jpg
2791 x 1741 - 3M

Comments

• Well your kitty certainly has an eye for art.  Render it, sell it and give the proceeds to your cat.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,523

CTRL + 9 I think on Windows or CMD + 9 on mac to get back to texture shaded from wire

• Well your kitty certainly has an eye for art.  Render it, sell it and give the proceeds to your cat.

That's quite an intriguing idea, although I'm sure the cat would have nothing against me taking some of the proceedings to myself

Totte said:

CTRL + 9 I think on Windows or CMD + 9 on mac to get back to texture shaded from wire

Many thanks, it worked! Now on to stop my laptop's self destruction countdown that she somehow managed to trigger. Thanks again :)

It was just the viewport set in wire frame mode. Depending on what workspace layout you have, the menu for selecting viewport drawing modes are hidden or not, your seems to have it hidden.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Aren't cats fun.   One of mine yesterday managed to completely reset the router while trying to investigate behind the monitor to find out where all the little cats on the screen were coming from.

I told her I am going to stop letting her watch cat videos on Youtube.  

• Totte said:

It was just the viewport set in wire frame mode. Depending on what workspace layout you have, the menu for selecting viewport drawing modes are hidden or not, your seems to have it hidden.

Yeah, I thought it wasn't that big of a deal, but I am still somewhat new to this and also English isn't my first language, so I tried to look in all menus but to no avail. With all the possible keyboard shortcuts available, I would have never guessed that! Again, thanks a lot.

Chohole said:

Aren't cats fun.   One of mine yesterday managed to completely reset the router while trying to investigate behind the monitor to find out where all the little cats on the screen were coming from.

I told her I am going to stop letting her watch cat videos on Youtube.  

LOL Good plan, or else she might get new fun ideas...

• Totte said:

I don't think it's hidden, but the little sphere icon takes on the current draw-style so it is lost against the dense wires from the model - it's a little spheer icon next to the big button labelled Perspective View at top-right of the Viewport.

Totte said:

I don't think it's hidden, but the little sphere icon takes on the current draw-style so it is lost against the dense wires from the model - it's a little spheer icon next to the big button labelled Perspective View at top-right of the Viewport.

You're right Richard, but I didn't see it, so according to the laws of Murphy, it was hidden.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited November 2017

Well your kitty certainly has an eye for art.  Render it, sell it and give the proceeds to your cat.

That's quite an intriguing idea, although I'm sure the cat would have nothing against me taking some of the proceedings to myself

Totte said:

Many thanks, it worked! Now on to stop my laptop's self destruction countdown that she somehow managed to trigger. Thanks again :)

You should change all your passwords. Never just believe your cat if they tell you they stepped on the keyboard... Especially if they "triggered" some sort of destruction countdown on your laptop.

It is quite obvious if your cat triggered a self destruct sequence in your laptop, that your cat's technical skills are quite good and that they were trying to hide a much bigger crime...

My first guess would be that your cat probably purchased a large quantity of Nip... Check their bedding for large bales of a dried green plant matter.

Cats are very clever, so you might want to look for loose floorboards or hidden panels to secret rooms... You'd be surprised at the stuff cats are up to all day when nobody is home.

Don't confront your cat right away, in fact don't confront them alone... All those stories you hear about "crazy cat people" who live alone with 70 cats usually start out with the allegedly crazy person telling a friend that they suspected their ONE cat was using their credit cards to to buy stuff online... Then next thing you know it's two years later and nobody has seen them since that day and neighbors are now reporting a funny smell coming from their place.

Feline cybercrime is at an all time high... In fact according to the U.S. Bureau of Feline Cybercrime and Nip Enforcement, feline gang activity has reached an all time high. This no doubt is because cats are constantly being left home alone with computers which they can now use to communicate with each other and help to facilitate their crimes.

In the past before everyone had computers, cats had to steal your actual credit card and then ten or fifteen of them would have to stuff themselves into a human costume and hope nobody at the store would get suspicious as they purchased stuff... I can't tell you how many reports I covered of "people suddenly falling apart into a pile of terrified cats" while waiting on a checkout line... It takes a lot of coordination and skill for the cats to pull that off... Just one rip in a human costume's seam and BAM... Cats flaying all over the place.

I don't talk about it a lot (mostly because I forgot about it until just now) but back in the 80s I worked as an undercover agent for the fledgling BFCNF... I spent a lot of time in a cat costume studying the ways and methods of some of the cat gangs... Mostly the Russian cat gangs because as a kid I learned to meow in Russian from a freind's dog... (It's complicated)... People don't know how deep this whole cat thing is...

Eventually I had to get out... I wasn't sure if I was human in a cat suit or ten cats in a human suit... I never did find out what they were up to, but it was clear it was big.

Probably something having to do with ancient Egypt and them once being worshipped like gods... They never got over that.

Anyway, just be careful and change your passwords and maybe tell the credit card company you lost your cards and when you get the new ones make sure your cat doesn't know about them.

Good luck.

Post edited by McGyver on
    McGyver said:

Well your kitty certainly has an eye for art.  Render it, sell it and give the proceeds to your cat.

Totte said:

You should change all your passwords. Never just believe your cat if they tell you they stepped on the keyboard... Especially if they "triggered" some sort of destruction countdown on your laptop.

It is quite obvious if your cat triggered a self destruct sequence in your laptop, that your cat's technical skills are quite good and that they were trying to hide a much bigger crime...

My first guess would be that your cat probably purchased a large quantity of Nip... Check their bedding for large bales of a dried green plant matter.

Cats are very clever, so you might want to look for loose floorboards or hidden panels to secret rooms... You'd be surprised at the stuff cats are up to all day when nobody is home.

Don't confront your cat right away, in fact don't confront them alone... All those stories you hear about "crazy cat people" who live alone with 70 cats usually start out with the allegedly crazy person telling a friend that they suspected their ONE cat was using their credit cards to to buy stuff online... Then next thing you know it's two years later and nobody has seen them since that day and neighbors are now reporting a funny smell coming from their place.

Feline cybercrime is at an all time high... In fact according to the U.S. Bureau of Feline Cybercrime and Nip Enforcement, feline gang activity has reached an all time high. This no doubt is because cats are constantly being left home alone with computers which they can now use to communicate with each other and help to facilitate their crimes.

In the past before everyone had computers, cats had to steal your actual credit card and then ten or fifteen of them would have to stuff themselves into a human costume and hope nobody at the store would get suspicious as they purchased stuff... I can't tell you how many reports I covered of "people suddenly falling apart into a pile of terrified cats" while waiting on a checkout line... It takes a lot of coordination and skill for the cats to pull that off... Just one rip in a human costume's seam and BAM... Cats flaying all over the place.

I don't talk about it a lot (mostly because I forgot about it until just now) but back in the 80s I worked as an undercover agent for the fledgling BFCNF... I spent a lot of time in a cat costume studying the ways and methods of some of the cat gangs... Mostly the Russian cat gangs because as a kid I learned to meow in Russian from a freind's dog... (It's complicated)... People don't know how deep this whole cat thing is...

Eventually I had to get out... I wasn't sure if I was human in a cat suit or ten cats in a human suit... I never did find out what they were up to, but it was clear it was big.

Probably something having to do with ancient Egypt and them once being worshipped like gods... They never got over that.

Anyway, just be careful and change your passwords and maybe tell the credit card company you lost your cards and when you get the new ones make sure your cat doesn't know about them.

Good luck.

10 points goes to McGyver for the best post of the week!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,780

Proof positive McGyver is actually a cat. laugh

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    McGyver said:

Totte said:

Good luck.

All sounds very plausible!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,187
    McGyver said:

Totte said:

Good luck.

Or is that paws-able?

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    barbult said:
    McGyver said:
    Or is that paws-able?

Deep groan....cheeky

barbult said:
    McGyver said:
    Or is that paws-able?

Deep groan....cheeky

She just fell in the same trap as everyone else

• barbult said:
    McGyver said:

Totte said:

Good luck.

Or is that paws-able?

This one is just purr-fect...