Will someone create a simple close up Daz set

dannybrightonlinedannybrightonline Posts: 46
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi there everyone! I just purchased Bryce 7 and it is incredible but I am so much a noob it is a bit frustrating. All of the
tutorials out there seem to be for far away shots. I would like a quick tutorial on creating a simple set with ruins and water, jungle, stuff like that so I can put my daz avatars in there.

I want to create beautiful art but it's going to take some learning I can see! LOL..

Thank you for your time.

Danny Bright

Comments

• CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

I can understand why no one has responded to this. Bryce has a learning curve to it, that, to some, can be quite steep. When asked for a "quick tutorial on creating a simple set", well ... any attempt at that might sound like sarcasm. For example:

1) Create a terrain and modify it to your liking, including an appropriate material;
    2) Give your ground plane a water material, and raise it up high enough to be above parts of the terrain where you want water;
    3) Add rocks, plants and trees, either manually, using multi-replicate, or the instancing lab. Make sure to sink the tree roots into the surface of your terrain;

So, there you go ... a quick tutorial ... a simple set ... in three simple steps. How to do those three simple steps, (which will be, quite honestly, dozens, if not hundreds of steps when put into practice), is where the learning curve comes in.

Having said that, you are doing the right thing by looking at tutorials. There are many great ones out there. YouTube has many. I REALLY like the tutorials by Horo Wernli and David Brinnen, but you can see some wonderful magic in the tutorials of Rashad Carter, Oroboros, Slepalex, TheSavage64, and c-ram, to name just a few that come to mind quickly. (Sorry if I offended someone I forgot to name, but you know you're good. You don't need me to stroke you.)

In fact, for what you named, you should follow this thread:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54051/

What they are doing there could easily be used for the "set" you describe.

DAZ sells wonderful tutorial packages, complete with videos and samples. Sometimes they have sales on such items that make them hard to resist for those who think they know the material that is covered ... you can never know everything. On rare occasions, they are even free, or are among the free items offered to the DAZ Platinum club.

Here in the Bryce forum you will notice many of the users have links at the bottom of their posts in their "signature". Those are great resources ... no, fantastic resources.

A couple of external web sites that come to mind that you might not see in those signature links are RobinWood, Bryce5, and bryceblog.brycealive, (which is a .org ... not a .com). These also have useful tutorials and tips. I'm not sure I am allowed to name them here like I did, but it's questionable if I was allowed to name YouTube as well. If you can't see this post, I trust chohole's integrity, and won't hold offense. No matter what, use the links in the signatures of this blog first. They are the best ones, for sure. I'm sorry I don't have such a signature. Look up the user names I named a few paragraphs up. Use those!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited December 1969

Hi there everyone! I just purchased Bryce 7 and it is incredible but I am so much a noob it is a bit frustrating. All of the
    tutorials out there seem to be for far away shots. I would like a quick tutorial on creating a simple set with ruins and water, jungle, stuff like that so I can put my daz avatars in there.

I want to create beautiful art but it's going to take some learning I can see! LOL..

Thank you for your time.

Danny Bright

The faraway shots are just the camera position. By zooming in and lowering or raising the camera angle you can have the scene as close or as far away as you want. The three pictures below show the same scene which is changed by zooming in with the camera.

hiker-004.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 384K
    hiker-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 401K
    hiker-006.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 462K