Cannot Open New Saved File

I could open the older files but i cannot open any of the new one.  For instance if I have a file saved now, I cannot open it again.  I can save it but it won't load, therefore I don't actually have a clue did I successfully save it either.  The error message was to tell me to see the log file for details.  Here is what the log file says:

*** Scene Cleared ***
    Json Parser (8,0): Illegal new-line in string
Error reading file, see log for more details.

Please help.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited March 2016
    tkeelove said:

I could open the older files but i cannot open any of the new one.  For instance if I have a file saved now, I cannot open it again.  I can save it but it won't load, therefore I don't actually have a clue did I successfully save it either.  The error message was to tell me to see the log file for details.  Here is what the log file says:

*** Scene Cleared ***
        Json Parser (8,0): Illegal new-line in string
    Error reading file, see log for more details.

Please help.

Which program and version?

Are you compressing the scene or not...if not can you open the scene file in a text editor?

Can you find the scene file in your operating system's file browser?

Where is it being saved to?

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • tkeelovetkeelove Posts: 7
    edited March 2016

excuse me.  it's DAZ studio 4.9 Pro (64bit).

i don't know if it's compressed.  but i opened that scene file in text editor.  it's a whole page of symbols.

yes.  i can find the scene file in the file browser.  and even the .duf thumbnail shows properly. 

it's saved under the folder contain all my scenes, along side with the old ones those can be opened just fine.  

i suspect it might rather be a file reading issue.  any idea?

thank you for the reply :)

p.s i have tried logged in, created and saved the scene.  it wouldn't open.  then i tried logged off and did the save.  it wouldn't open either. 

i have tried save as a pose.  the pose wouldn't open either. 

Post edited by tkeelove on
  • Sometimes something odd seems to happen during compression - the examples I have seen have involved the data for a plug-in, not the same one each time, but I don't know if that is significant. Please submit a support ticket with the scene attached so that it can be examined; in the meantime I can't offer a fix but I would suggest turning compression off for new saves.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited March 2016

Try adding .zip at the end of the filename for your scene, then extract the new file from that and open the new file in a text editor.

The symbols are the characters that the text editor is interpreting from the binary or hex of the zip.

*edit*

for example you have scene1.duf

change it to scene1.duf.zip or just simply scene1.zip

extract the zip file and you will get a new scene1.duf

open that new scene1.duf in a text editor and you will be able to read it.

Post edited by kaotkbliss on
  • tkeelovetkeelove Posts: 7

i have fixed the issue. 

i didn't know where to turn off compression to save, so i opened preference and found out the arthorship, arthor name had turned into symbols full filling the whole box.  it happened before a few times after auto updating DAZ though it never caused any problem like this before.  so i have tried changed it back to my name then i saved this file.  this new saved scene can be read.  though the scenes last night with issues cannot be opened still.

i will be submitting a support ticket with the scene attached.

Thank you very much for all you are helping :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

If the authorship line is messed up, then decompressing (if 7zip is used, you won't need to change extensions...)  the file should allow it to be readable in a text editor.  Then you should be able to change the author line and resave.  It is probably a character set/language version/character encoding problem that caused the change in author info.