How to do a deep uninstall of Daz and Daz IM?

My content library is... confused. Duplicate content, multiple locations. Long story. Both Daz Studio and Daz IM seem involved in the confusion.

I'd like to do a full uninstall/reinstall, then re-download all my content to the default locations.

Problem: when I uninstall, it seems to leave preferences behind for Daz Studio and Daz IM. When I re-install, it remembers the old messed-up library configuration. No default locations. 

How can I do a down-to-the-metal uninstall of both programs so I can re-install everything to the default directories?

Comments

• To edit paths in DIM click the gear icon to open preferences and go to the Installation tab, then highlight and remove paths. I think you could also delete the C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts account.ini file to reset everything (including the application list and download folder).

To edit paths in DS use the Content Directory Manager (Edit>Preferences>Content Library tab); I'm not sure that there's a way to literally reset; the defaults are the My Daz 3D Library folder in your Public Documents folder (used by DIM) and the \DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library folder in your Docuemnts folder (used for DS saves).

• Thanks for the tips.

The settings were stubborn... they just didn't want to go away. A lot were in the registry, though whether they're sourced there or just copied from INI files, I couldn't tell.

Regardless, in case this helps someone else, here's what worked for me. After doing this, I got a fresh install with all the default directories.

1. Uninstall DAZ Studio.
    2. Uninstall DAZ Install Manager.
    3. Delete the files and registry keys below.
    4. Reinstall DAZ Install Manager.
    5. Reinstall DAZ Studio (using DIM).

Standard disclaimer: if you're not comfortable mucking around in the Windows registry, don't try this. You can break your computer. And regardless, back up (Export) anything in the registry before you delete it.

• Registry Key Set: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAZ
    • (dozens of other registry keys were left behind, but they didn't seem relevant to resetting preferences)
    • C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Local\Temp
    • C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D
    • C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Daz 3D
    • C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D
    • C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library
    • C:\ProgramData\DAZ 3D

DS and DIM seem to leave a lot of files and registry keys around when uninstalled. I'll post an enhancement suggestion about that. Seems like many/most complex software packages give you the option to save or deleted settings when you uninstall

• Correction: 

• C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Local\Temp

should be

• C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Local\Temp\Daz 3D